Prev: Wet Thrust rules and stats... Next: Re: Ship Prefix's

Re: Mini Figs Tip; Number Two.....

From: "Pat Shepard" <c604016@s...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 19:15:56 -0400
Subject: Re: Mini Figs Tip; Number Two.....

> From: John Crimmins <johncrim@voicenet.com>

>	  I've found a quick, simple way to glue ships onto stands and
have
> them stay nice and straight.	After first dry-fitting the post, just
make
> sure that it will fit into the hole, I put a generous amount of
superglue
> into the hole, and then spray Accelerator onto the post.  The CA dries
> virtually instantly when it comes into contact with the accelerator,
but
if
> you do it this way, you have enough time to make sure that the
miniature
is
> properly seated before it fully sets.  Once it is on and secure, you
can
add
> a bit more glue just to keep it in place.  Accelerator is wonderful
stuff....

I do something very similar to this.  I use a very small amount of
superglue to get the post attached to the miniatures (using accelerator
along the way), then, once the ship is attached to the post, I use
either
goop or epoxy to get a really strong connection.  Works really well!

Pat

Prev: Wet Thrust rules and stats... Next: Re: Ship Prefix's