Prev: Chan's ship counters... Next: Re: Mini Figs Tip; Number Two.....

Re: Mini Figs Tip; Number Two.....

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 14:24:31 -0400
Subject: Re: Mini Figs Tip; Number Two.....

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Andy Skinner wrote:
> I had a tube of putty that I finally threw away.  It smelled terrible,
> and had warnings all over it to not breathe it.  It was hard to
> form, mostly because I didn't want to touch it with my fingers
> because of all the warnings.	Is there a putty that is easy to
> use and doesn't produce toxic fumes?

Yep -- Knead-a-Tite (in the U.S.) is a non-toxic two-part epoxy putty
that's made in a blue & yellow strip. It looks just like the plumbers'
putty you can find in hardware stores, but it won't poison you.
You can also get it at GenCon from either Reaper or Ral Partha, and I
think Ral Partha also sells it via mail-order, but I'm not 100% sure.

"Bo" from Raven's Forge sells this putty via mail-order for around $10
per 3-foot strip. I don't have his e-mail address right now, but you can
find him on the rec.games.miniatures.misc newsgroup.

> While we're talking tips, I know some people use spray paints from
> hardware stores instead of paints specifically for miniatures.  I
> ran out of white primer and want some more, and I'd like to save
> some bucks by going to Home Depot or something.

I use Krylon's "Sandable Primer" spray paint for priming, and I'd swear
that it's exactly the same stuff as Armory or Citadel Primer (in fact,
I wouldn't be surprised if Armory & Citadel simply bought the stuff
wholesale, put on a different label, and re-sold it at a 100% markup!).
It's excellent stuff, and I've used it for Full Thrust spaceships and
Future Wars (Dirtside II) micro-armor, as well as 25mm scale fantasy &
science-fiction figures. I've also used Rustoleum spray primer with good
results, but it goes on a little thicker than Krylon does, and you have
be more careful not to over-spray the figure.

--
Rick Rutherford ----- rickr@digex.net ----- The above opinions are mine.
"I've seen collisions on fire off the side of the ethernet LAN.

All these things will be lost in time, like dropped packets. Time to
die."

Prev: Chan's ship counters... Next: Re: Mini Figs Tip; Number Two.....