Prev: Re: Offer than off, was Re: even more off topic, Kryomek Next: Re: Background Irrelevancy--and Poll (was Re: AIs and such...)

Re: Counters wanted

From: "Steve Pugh" <mafb90@p...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 11:30:51 -0400
Subject: Re: Counters wanted

Paul Calvi wrote:
> I want them for a couple reasons. First it would be nice to have
> some to round out units I, or my opponenet, don't have miniatures
> for yet. Second, they make great "unspotted" markers. Use them
> upside down then flip them when they're spotted (and replace with
> mini). Third, sometimes it's nice to play without minis for a quick
> practice game or when you can't bring minis with you. Fourth,
> counters for units there are no miniatures for like Hammer's
> Slammers, Starship Troopers, etc.

As any of you who frequent the miniatures or wargames newsgroups may
ahve noticed, over the past few days there's been a debate raging
that started when I posted a question asking about whether people
considered it still a part of the hobby to use counters instead of
minis. Amazingly, some people consider such a suggestion to be
heresy!

It's good to know that the folks on this list are more down to earth
and realistic in their attitude. I suppose it's only to be expected
that players of GZG games would place the game above the miniatures
in importance. (Even if Jon's profits would be better if we all
bought sackloads of minis all the time....)

Thanks to Rick and Oerjan for posting stuff supporting the gamers
side of the case.

	Steve

--
"And all I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by."
"Though a cloaking device, pulsed phaser cannons

Stephen Richard Pugh		mafb90@dial.pipex.com