Prev: Re: Counters wanted Next: Re: Background Irrelevancy--and Poll (was Re: AIs and such...)

Re: Background Irrelevancy--and Poll

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 01:04:33 -0400
Subject: Re: Background Irrelevancy--and Poll

At 10:51 PM 7/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 97-07-21 11:58:10 EDT, dean.gundberg@bcbsnd.com
(Dean
>Gundberg) wrote:
>
><< I will get the Fleet Book when it shows
>  up because I think the GZG background is interesting enough to
develop
>  further and I want to see the design philosophies behind each fleet
>>

>What Fleet Book? And, When can we expect it?
>
>Chan 'I'm really out of the loop here!' Faunce

The Fleet Book is expected imminently, and has been for several years...
:-)

Jon Tuffley apparently keeps getting sidetracked into other areas and
ends up
not quite getting round to it.

Any suggestions that there are Egyptian hieroglyphs refering to "the
eagerly
awaited FT Fleet Book" are exaggerated.  Probably. :->

Seriously, I think that a fleet book along the lines someone suggested
yesterday,
 containing eg a bit of background, a basic design/tactical/strategic
philosophy for
the various nations, a couple of examples of fleets and perhaps a couple
of
mini-campaigns like that already published, would be pretty saleable.

Rob Paul

"
Rob Paul
Dept. of Zoology
University of Oxford
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124

rpaul@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk

Once again, villainy is rotting meat before the maggots of justice!
"

Prev: Re: Counters wanted Next: Re: Background Irrelevancy--and Poll (was Re: AIs and such...)