Prev: Re: FT Mini Question Next: Re: Counters wanted

Re: Counters wanted

From: Paul Calvi <tanker@r...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 00:17:40 -0400
Subject: Re: Counters wanted

I want them for a couple reasons. First it would be nice to have some to
round out units I, or my opponenet, don't have miniatures for yet.
Second,
they make great "unspotted" markers. Use them upside down then flip them
when they're spotted (and replace with mini). Third, sometimes it's nice
play without minis for a quick practice game or when you can't bring
minis
with you. Fourth, counters for units there are no miniatures for like
Hammer's Slammers, Starship Troopers, etc.

The more the colors the better but they should still look good when
printed
in gray scale. Also the more sheets on the most "topics" would be the
better option.

Infantry should be in 1" squares with a full squad and half squad (fire
team) counter. Large vehicles should be 3/4 by 1 1/4" or so for size 4
and
5 vechicles and 1/2" x 1" for size three and smaller vehicles.

Yes the DS2 Future War minis are "vertically challanged". John has a new
line of minis coming out that are great, judging by the new wheeled
vehicles.

If you want a great place to order minis try www.discountgames.com. They
have secure credit card ordering and GREAT prices. I order most of my
stuff
from them and have always had great service. The site is a bit annoying
get around until you get used to it.

Paul

At 12:39 PM 7/22/97 +0900, you wrote:

>What would people have in mind for DSII counters?
>
>1" (2"?) square/round desert( or should that be in 2 backgrounds like
>geo-hex terrain?) background with miniatures sized vehicles on them?
>
>Just some Tanks, GEVs, Howizers, Powered Armour and VOTLs?
>
>In different colors, or just in shades of gray so you could flood fill
>the machines your own team colors?
>
>Just a single sheet like the Mike Wikan B5 counters?
>
>Is the sole purpose to turn the miniatures game into a boardgame and
>save all that money and trouble ( and space!!) on minis and terrain?
>
>Just a few questions from someone who could do counters, but is
>having fun with the miniatures ( thank you geo-hex!) and wants to
>know why....

--snip--

-----
Paul J. Calvi Jr.
tanker@rahul.net

"Objective, Offense, Mass, Economy of Force, Maneuver, Unity of Command,
Security, Surprise, Simplicity"

15SEP16

Prev: Re: FT Mini Question Next: Re: Counters wanted