Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Wars - Gotcha! Next: Re: Counters wanted

Re: [FT] Missile & Fighter Reloads

From: Christopher Pratt <valen10@f...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 18:29:15 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Missile & Fighter Reloads

John M. Huber wrote:

> Well, as I've done some closer reading of FT and looking over a few
books on
> modern military systems I find that Patriots, Tomahawks [cruise] seem
to come
> in "packages" and that FT missiles are LARGE [twice the mass of a
fighter].

> The mass and cost of a group of fighters includes the launch bay.
> Since the mass and cost of missiles seems to be almost twice that of
fighters
> couldn't we then expect to have large "holes" [tubes can have hatches]
in the
> ship.  How about something similar to launch bays?  Then, for a small
"price",
> additional missile packages can be purchased and available for reloads
during
> the game?
>
> john huber

I think the only way i see this happening would be to make the missles
easer to shoot down, as the missles work right now they are too damn
effective to allow reloads.  The missles crusier in MT is currently the
only ship my group has used carring missles.  The favorite tactic of
this ship is too proceed at maxium speed to the nearest enemy captial
ship that you don't like, fire all the missles as close as you can get,
the go FTL.  This usually results in one cripiled dreadnought.

chris "no no not the missle crusier agian" pratt
valen10@flash.net

Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Wars - Gotcha! Next: Re: Counters wanted