Prev: Re: Background Irrelevancy--and Poll (was Re: AIs and such...) Next: Re: Painting & Gluing Platics?

Re: [FT] Missile & Fighter Reloads

From: "John M. Huber" <jhuber@o...>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 16:10:14 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Missile & Fighter Reloads

 >Now for a slight change ...
 >
 >In More Thrust [MT] I have the impression that you can fire as many
missiles
 >as you want to each turn, as if each missile has its own "launch bay."
 Any
 >thoughts on "Missile Launchers" and stores of missiles, reload times,
etc?

>Sort of the same for fighters.  You have fighter bays and fighter
groups, but
 >can you have fighters more fighters than you have bays?

--replying to my own post ... this is getting bad!

What I mean is that energy weapons recharge and can be used more than
once.
Rail Guns may also be used on more than one turn.  Perhaps missiles
should
be given more Mass and Cost, figuring a set value for the Launcher and
then
mass/cost values for x-number of missiles.  You can buy one, two, three
launchers and then buy 5-packs of missiles.  However, you can not split
missile packs over more than one launcher.
	Meaning ... five launchers can not access one 5-pack in one
turn.
However, and keeping each pack of missiles the same type, on one turn
launcher
"A" accesses the ECM-Missile pack and then on the next turn a different
Launcher accesses the ECM-Missile pack.

The way I read the More Thrust rules now once you fire your missile it
is
gone.  If you have one missile or 20 you can fire them whenever you want
... one each turn or all at once.  This doesn't seem "right".

John "You can't go wrong with a 30 escort-class [3 needle-beamers each]
horde"
Huber

Prev: Re: Background Irrelevancy--and Poll (was Re: AIs and such...) Next: Re: Painting & Gluing Platics?