Prev: Re: DSII Vehicle Generation Programs (Again) Next: Re: AI's in full thrust

Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

From: Ryan Montieth Gill <labrg@e...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 16:50:01 -0400
Subject: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997, Allan Goodall wrote:

> I disagree. First off, I prefer the term "sapient" as opposed to
"sentient."
> I'll have to wait until I get home to check up the definitions, but if
> remember correctly, an earthworm can be said to be "sentient" while
only
> higher life forms are sapient.

Sapient: wise; sagacious; full of knowledge; discerning: often ironical.

Sentient: of capable of feeling  or pers=ception; conscious.

- Ryan Montieth Gill  /|\   Scotland Forever  DoD# 0780/AMA/SOHC -
- _ryan.gill@turner.com or labrg@emory.edu_   '85 CB700S 'Mehev' -
- I speak not for CNN, nor they for me.   '72 CB750K 'The Barge' -
- www.mojoski.com/~rgill	     '76 MonteCarlo 'Bumblecrow' -
---		Senator Koella Should go to JAIL !!	       ---
--- Kill someone and leave the accident you should go to jail! ---

Prev: Re: DSII Vehicle Generation Programs (Again) Next: Re: AI's in full thrust