Prev: Wave, Nova, j-torps ... uberweapon imbalance? Next: Re: GenCon XXX

Spoiler Alert.......Omega Class DDs in B5

From: "Roger Gerrish" <Roger.Gerrish@b...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 19:21:23 -0400
Subject: Spoiler Alert.......Omega Class DDs in B5

Potential Spoilers, Relates to	4th Season esp No Surrender, No Retreat
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Have any of you guys out there who have put together B5/FT adaptations
revised the stats of the Omegas based on the above episode.

How do you class the 4 rear firing projectors which seemed to be pulse
cannons yet were doing major damage to B5s Star Furies. The projectiles
seemed to be of the same sort fired from the forward projectors. Do you
reckon these are Pulse Cannon or PDAF/Interceptors.

Also I noted that the Omegas did not use their Lasers against the White
Stars, does this indicate the big Lasers can't be used against targets
as
small or as manoeuverable as the White Stars.

In 'Face of the Enemy' we see the lasers being used, but only I think
against other Earth Ships.

After watching any Omega episodes I have seen the following armament:
4 X heavy Lasers (2xfwd, 2xAft)
6 x Pulse cannons (2xfwd, 4xaft) fwd weapons intercepting incoming fire
in
'Severed Dreams'
4 x Turret mounted weapons (prob defence grid or Interceptors)
1(maybe more)x laser type weapons apparently amidships (used to shoot at
the White Star in 'Messages from Earth'

Any comments?
Looking forward to see the 'official' rules by Jon in Earthforce
Sourcebook
but wonder if we've seen anything recently in the show which might
change
things.

Regards...... Roger

PS Just come back from the Wolf 359 Con, when Jerry Doyle turned up on
Monday, we had every B5 main Cast member from Season One onwards except
for
Andrea Thompson.
Awesome.

Roger Gerrish (Nottingham)

Prev: Wave, Nova, j-torps ... uberweapon imbalance? Next: Re: GenCon XXX