Prev: Re: AIs and such... Next: Re: Honor Harrington Question?

Re: DSII Vehicle Generation Programs (Again)

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 16:25:52 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII Vehicle Generation Programs (Again)

At 12:21 PM 7/17/97 PDT, you wrote:
>Most of the responses were of the "I
>could write something relatively simply, so why pay the $15" variety.
>If generator's are so simple to write, then why has only ONE person
>responded saying they have a generator.  Where are all these
>simply-written generators?  Anyone else have one out there?

I've created both DS2 and FT generators. They aren't bad, and are fairly
easy to use. There are a couple of wrong assumptions in the FT generator
that some people wouldn't like (mostly dealing with Kra'vak ships).
Since I
don't use the Kra'vak in my games it isn't a big deal.

The basic spreadsheet took me about an hour to put together. The FT
spreadsheet took a bit longer, as it also creates a text listing of the
ship
that I can import into Word. One thing my sheet does that I haven't seen
in
other sheets is calculate the number of damage boxes for the ship.

Since I have a spreadsheet, I wouldn't bother spending $15 for a Geo-Hex
one. By the time you add postage and conversion, it's going to be up
around
$25 Canadian, or the cost of a game manual. For that I'll use my own, or
just work it out on paper.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: AIs and such... Next: Re: Honor Harrington Question?