Prev: Solo Stargrunt Next: Re: FT: Missiles and Gas Tanks

Re: FTL capable fighters (B5)

From: campbelr@p...
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 14:20:35 -0400
Subject: Re: FTL capable fighters (B5)

Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@nada.kth.se> said:
> In the episode you mention, an internal explosion destroyed the jump
> gate generator; I'm not sure if it also caused the
> ship to lose contact with the beacons,

As I remember they lost contact with the becons  due to the explosion
knocking out thier com section, (one reason the "furies couldn't just
talk them back) As for coming out of Hyper, I've noticed that there
seems to be no "minimum" distance for a gate to form. Could be iif
you don't know where you are in relation to the gates, (navigation
refrences) you could pop out uncomfortable close to a star, or
planet. (Remember the White Star Jumping from in side Jupiters
atmoshpere?)

Randy

Prev: Solo Stargrunt Next: Re: FT: Missiles and Gas Tanks