Prev: Re: AIs are not human! (was Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)) Next: Re: AIs are not human! (was Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...))

Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 12:16:05 -0400
Subject: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

Chris McCurry writes:

@:) this is what a true AI is right?
@:)
@:) living, feeling, thinkning, worring, growing inteligence..
@:) (warring is included)

  But why?  We don't know of any fundamental law that suggests that
any of these traits (living, feeling, worrying) are related to
thinking.  They are in us but why should they be in something else?
And if they're not required, I imagine we won't spend a lot of time
and money building them in.

-joachim