Prev: Counters wanted Next: Re: AI in FT

Re: AIs are not human! (was Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...))

From: mechavar@a... (Miguel Echavarria)
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 11:11:55 -0400
Subject: Re: AIs are not human! (was Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...))

[snip]
>   AIs would not create their own society.  We would prevent them from
> wanting to.
>
>   AIs would fight where we told them to and would not value their own
> lives because we built them dammit, and they'll do what we tell them
> to.

[snip]
> -joachim

	As a civilization, if AIs are used in war on a wide scale, our
first
mistake regarding built in safeguards will be every human beings last.
And
we're not likely to resist the temptation to create these super weapons.
The
gods have made us proud enough to ensure the survival of the rest of
creation.
Just what are our wars about anyway?

Miguel Echavarria
mech@arm.com

Prev: Counters wanted Next: Re: AI in FT