Prev: Re: Star Grunts II Squad Generation Point system [Long] Next: Re: Reparing brain damaged AIs

Re: Off Topic Re:AI's in full thrust

From: kx.henderson@q... (Kelvin)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 18:49:51 -0400
Subject: Re: Off Topic Re:AI's in full thrust

>> >Sorry, but nerve cells do neither.
>>
>> Actually that's all dependant on the age and type of neuron involved.
>> Genetic Engineers here are working on self-replicating grey matter
and
>> have
>> had some interesting results.  The researchers I've chatted to say
>> that
>> engineered grey matter could be a reality in about 5 years or so.  A
>> breakthrough for spinal injury victims!
>
>   Hmmm, I suppose this is a SF based mailing list....

Yeah, whatever.  All I know is what I was told by one of the researchers
here at Q.U.T.	He and one of his colleages were working on it according
him.  I AM only a lowly technician as far as the academics are concerned
(read: know nothing) and he could have been pulling my leg, but that was
what he told me.

-Kelvin.....

	    "But, that is a lie."
	 "Yes.	What's your point?"
       -Bester and Sinclair, Babylon 5
       email:  kx.henderson@qut.edu.au

Prev: Re: Star Grunts II Squad Generation Point system [Long] Next: Re: Reparing brain damaged AIs