Prev: Re: With a name like, "Full Thrustt"... Next: Re: I lost a...

Re: Scratch built ships

From: Adrian Bruce <adrian@i...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 01:16:57 -0400
Subject: Re: Scratch built ships

Donald Hosford wrote:

> Just a thought on scratch building ships...
>
> What kind of glue to you all use?  In my experiences (a few) tacky
glue
> doesn't hold, a gel-based super glue works fine...
>
> Donald Hosford

Well, you can use Super Glues ( what ever the name might be in your
country) or 5 minute epoxy. Of these 2 the epoxy makes a stronger
bond. Super Glue is fast and simple, but the joint is weak laterally.

You can also use the Thick Super Glues ( gap filling super glue is what
it is normally called), but I haven't found it as strong as epoxy.

And as we are talking about miniatures 'for game playing', I'd
recommend the 5 minute epoxy.... even though making tidy joints isn't
as easy as with super glue.....

--

	Adrian Bruce   adrian@inetc.roland.co.jp
	Science Fiction Fantasy Design and Implementation

Prev: Re: With a name like, "Full Thrustt"... Next: Re: I lost a...