Prev: Artificial Intelligence Next: Re: DSII: Vehicle Generation Programs

Re: FTL capable fighters - Reply

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 13:35:44 -0400
Subject: Re: FTL capable fighters - Reply

Robbie Matthews wrote:

> >>from A batteries and missiles just to name two threats.  Suicide
> >>becomes the order of the day for carrier crews.
> >
> >On this point I agree with you.  We dont play with the return in 3
turns
> >rule.  We just say they must fly the most direct/non suicidal route
back to
> >the carrier, and they cant do any combat what so ever.
>
> The rules do not mention this - how long before you can turn around
and
> re-launch a fighter group? (Suggestion: 1-6 turns)
>
> If you can't turn around fighters, then the recovery rules a pointless
> except for campaign games.
>
> Just my 2cents worth.
>
> +---------------------------+----------------------------------------+
> | robbie@netinfo.com.au     |  "I'm not really bad... 	       |
> | Robbie Matthews	      |     I'm just drawn that way."	       |
> | Phone: +61-6-2591250      | 	Jessica Rabbit		       |

In one of my own systems, I solved all fighter endurance problems by
setting up the construction system to build everything from fighter
carried ordinace up to dreadnoughts...	If someone came up with a
fighter construction system that paralleled the ship construction
system, then players could plan for whatever endurance they wanted...

Donald Hosford

Prev: Artificial Intelligence Next: Re: DSII: Vehicle Generation Programs