Prev: Re: Starship Trooper-- off topic Next: I lost a...

Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

From: robbie@n... (Robbie Matthews)
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 09:56:19 -0400
Subject: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

>In the same vein, how many conscripts would willingly set foot on a
capital
>ship, given the amount of damage sustained and/or life expectancy of
the
>ships in FT?
>Makes a fighter look a whole lot safer by comparison. At least the
fighter

Actually, I think most of the scenarios played in FT would not be
particularly likely in the Real World (TM).

Let's face it: It's fairly rare that Naval engagements, Air engagements,
or
what-have-you, are rarely fought to the last man.

In fact, most of the time, the inferior force will look at the superior
force and decide to try again another day, without a shot being fired.

It's only when there is some overwhelming need to hold/take the
objective
that we get the really vicious, no-holds-barred fights that seem to be a
staple of FT combats.

| robbie@netinfo.com.au     |  "I'm not really bad...		     |
| Robbie Matthews	    |	  I'm just drawn that way."	     |
| Phone: +61-6-2591250	    |	      Jessica Rabbit		     |

Prev: Re: Starship Trooper-- off topic Next: I lost a...