Prev: Re: Starship Trooper Preview 2 Next: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

Re: Starship Trooper Preview 2

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 22:28:49 -0400
Subject: Re: Starship Trooper Preview 2

At 06:09 PM 7/14/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Ahh, Armor, yes, a great book. I just wish Steakley wrote another
one...

He has. He's written at least one other one. The book I'm thinking of is
_Vampire$_ (yes, the dollar sign is deliberate). It's about a vampire
hunting group who hunt for profit. The opening chapter has them spear a
vampire with a specialized crossbow bolt. The bolt head cleared the back
of
the vampire and opened up like a small grapple. The other end of the
bolt
was attached to a rope, which was in turn attached to a winch on a jeep
(or
was it Range Rover?). They cranked the winch and hauled the vampire out
into
the sunlight...

I haven't read it but my wife has read it a couple of times and highly
recommends it. Rumour has it that it is being made into a movie,
starring
James Woods.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Starship Trooper Preview 2 Next: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)