Prev: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...) Next: Re: AI's in full thrust

Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 22:28:22 -0400
Subject: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

At 05:51 PM 7/13/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Never played Falcon 3 or higher, but I have played x-wing vs tie
>fighter.  I'll admit the AI can be deadly accurate but I'm getting
there
>:-).

The "AI" for the Falcon 3 drones is pretty stupid. That's why you can
take
it out quite easily on the first pass. Miss it on the first pass, and
you're
hard pressed to beat it. Reason? The drone isn't restricted to G-loads
that
a human can tolerate.

>Hey, how long do you think it would take all those AI escorts and
>fighters to decide that the humans in charge were a bunch of idiots?

You misunderstand what I meant. The escorts and fighters are run by
computer programs (what we improperly call "AI" today). They aren't run
by
actual sapient machines. The fighters and escorts make up for a lack of
intuition by having much tighter turning radii and being able to handle
much
higher acceleration and deceleration levels.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...) Next: Re: AI's in full thrust