Prev: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...) Next: Re: Starship Trooper Preview 2

Armor

From: tmcarth@f... (Tom McCarthy)
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 20:19:23 -0400
Subject: Armor

I'd never even heard of Armor (John Steakley, IIRC) but it showed up in
my
bookstore with a cover boasting "The Classic, back in print" and the
cover
was the kind of picture that should have been on Starship Troopers or
The
Forever War or StarGrunt II.

I recommend it for the tactics, technology, and the lead character of
the
first section of the novel.  Not your typical hero, but very good at
what he
does.  A nice commentary on the bureaucracy, as well.

In many ways, a more believable picture of future war than Cobra
(Timothy
Zahn), though Zahn's society is more believable to me, and his aliens
are
better fleshed out.

Tom
Tom + Dana McCarthy

Prev: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...) Next: Re: Starship Trooper Preview 2