Prev: RE: Attn JT: FT Novels (lunchboxes!) Next: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

Re: Starship Trooper-- off topic

From: Thomas.Granvold@E... (Tom Granvold)
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 13:14:03 -0400
Subject: Re: Starship Trooper-- off topic

At 09:06 AM 7/10/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I just saw a review of the movie Starship Troopers on TV. The review
was
>very favorable.

    I saw a preview of Starship Troopers a couple of days ago at the
local movie theater.  I didn't pay much attention since we had just
walked in and were looking for seats.  Here are a couple of random
observations.

   I liked the scenes in space.  The spaceships reminded me of Babylon
5.

   I briefly saw what I took to be a landing craft.  The front was a big
box shape that opened.	It was painted to look like a mouth.  The effect
was of a large fake animal mouth made of a box.  I'm not sure what this
really was though.

    The battle on the ground consist of hundards of human troopers
running
in mass to attack the bugs.  My though was, don't the bugs have an area
effect weapon?	I guess not, because if they did the humans would have
been
wiped out.

    The bugs looked good.

Enjoy,
Tom Granvold				<thomas.granvold@eng.sun.com>

Prev: RE: Attn JT: FT Novels (lunchboxes!) Next: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)