Prev: Re: FT Novels Next: Re: Scratch built ships

Re: Scratch built ships

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 10:41:16 -0400
Subject: Re: Scratch built ships

On Sun, 13 Jul 1997, Donald Hosford wrote:
> Just a thought on scratch building ships...
>
> What kind of glue to you all use?  In my experiences (a few) tacky
glue
> doesn't hold, a gel-based super glue works fine...

I use Zap-A-Gap CA (CyanoAcrylate) glue for just about everything.

Last year I scratch-built a 25mm grav tank using two model kits (a car
and a German Leopard tank), and a lot of plastic card for the chassis.
I found that the plastic used for overhead-projector slides (acetate?)
makes an excellent "hinge" between two pieces of plastic card, and
Zap-A-Gap will bond the acetate "hinge" to other plastics almost
instantly (and permanently!).

--
Rick Rutherford ----- rickr@digex.net ----- The above opinions are mine.
"I've seen collisions on fire off the side of the ethernet LAN.

All these things will be lost in time, like dropped packets. Time to
die."

Prev: Re: FT Novels Next: Re: Scratch built ships