Prev: Re: Just a hunch... Next: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin@h...>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 16:25:46 -0400
Subject: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

On Sun, 13 Jul 1997, Sutherland wrote:

> And have said all that, I think that AI in fighters is a very good
idea.
> Download the program of attack at the time of launch and let them go.
Why
> would you risk a human on what is really a multi-attack drone?  In
figter
> combat reaction time and ability to hold your Gs is a little more
important
> than your learning curve anyway.
>					My 2cents(decrease for
inflation.)
>					That Chuk Guy

A *really* good idea in this case would be to have a mix of both human
and
AI fighters.  You can use the AI to do dangerous suicidal missions,
where
they are expendable, and use humans to perform missions that require
flexibility.
At the argument of AI's attaining sentience and disobey orders...
Well at that point the Computers would be living beings, and to use them
in unquestioned servitude would be slavery anyways.

Prev: Re: Just a hunch... Next: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)