Prev: Re: Scratch built ships Next: Scratch built..

Re: DSII: Vehicle Generation Programs

From: Peggy & Jeff Shoffner <pshoffner@e...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 16:09:20 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII: Vehicle Generation Programs

> >The vehicle generator alone doesn't seem to be worth $15.00 to me.
> >I'd hope that it would print out an index-card-size version of all
the
> >relevant vehicle statistics, including the vehicle's movement per
turn
> >given for all the different types of terrain.
>
> >I'd also like to see a FT ship generator on the CD-ROM that you can
use to
> >create ship designs and print out a ship diagram with all the correct
> >symbols. Ideally, given a valid ship design, it should automatically
> >create the diagram!
> >
> >I can dream, can't I?
>
> I've already created the bulk of an application for Win32 environments
that
> does this and more for FT.  I've had to put this off for a while since
I've
> been busy.  I was hoping to release it as shareware given Jon T's
> permission.  The only reason I do want not give it away for free is
the all
> the time and tools that I have invested in creating it.  This would
only pay
> for a small fraction of the investment.

Mike, dude, if you have a prog. that will, (1) let you custom make
ships, (2)
print said ships out in a ship record sheet as shown in the back of FT,
and
(3) is shareware, tell me where it is!	This is one reason why I like
Shareware.  I too was a little skeptical of plunking down $15 for a CD
that
could be anything; a great, do all, print all for DSII, or a simple
ascii
text, BASIC coded prog that will (half the time) print out a vehicle
sheet.
At least with Shareware, if you get it and don't like it, you purge the
prog,
and you aren't out any money.....

Jeff SHoffner

Prev: Re: Scratch built ships Next: Scratch built..