Prev: Re: Scratch built.. Next: Jovian Chronicles and B5 Wars Minis:

Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

From: Peggy & Jeff Shoffner <pshoffner@e...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 14:52:50 -0400
Subject: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

> What happens when a force decides to take over the planets occupied by
the
> AI? What if such a take over will result in the deaths of thousands of
> humans and the possible destruction of AIs? Wouldn't THAT be worth
fighting
> for?

Ahhhh, but there in lies the crux of the matter.   I was refering to the

internal Human Conflict; if the humans allowed AIs to do the strategy
think
and whatnot, most likely "warfare" would be economic, not physical.
Conquering a planet economically doesn't waste the planet's resources,
but
using force would.
But, from your statement, you are asking what would AIs do if attacked
from
an outside source, say the KV.	Well, that's a different matter
entirely.  Of
course AIs would defend themselves, most likely leave most of it to the
entity most experiencend in mass killing: us.

Jeff Shoffner

Prev: Re: Scratch built.. Next: Jovian Chronicles and B5 Wars Minis: