Prev: Re: Jovian Chronicle Minis Next: Re: SGII Scenarios?

Re: Superships and Fighter capacity.

From: She stands on things I can't understand <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 14:56:03 -0400
Subject: Re: Superships and Fighter capacity.

>Someone mentioned the Arley Burke a while back when talking about
destroyers;
>a bit off tangent, but I worked with someone who came in one day to say
her
>uncle Arley just got awarded something from the Navy, something about
naming
>a ship after him.  At that point I said, "What's your Uncle's name?"
"Arley
>Burke."  To which I looked at her incredulously and said, "No, uncle
Arley
>just got a whole CLASS of destroyer named after him, don't you know
he's an
>admiral???!!"	"Well, I guess so. To me, he's always been the uncle
that told
>boring stories about serving in the Navy when he was younger....."
>Oh well, guess it's just lost on some people...

btw, just for accuracy's sake, it's Arleigh Burke.  ;-)

>Does anyone have a list of what the "proper" abbreviations should be
for
>ships?  I know a carrier is CV, and cruiser is CA (I think) and
destroyer is
>DDG, but what are the others?

I used to have a list. I think there's a list somewhere on the web, but
naturally I don't have the url handy.  :-/

>and Finally....
>
>PA marines v. rednecks; ya forgot one thing, the rednecks suffer in
accuracy
>because their rip-roaring drunk, but they do better on their confidence

>rolls.   :)

works for me!

Mk
-
Daune: "How can you be asleep and getting ready at the same time?"

Indy: "I'm multi-tasking..."

Prev: Re: Jovian Chronicle Minis Next: Re: SGII Scenarios?