Prev: RE: FT Novels Next: Re: Re[2]: FTL capable fighters <<B5 Spoiler Alert, if you haven

Re: Re[2]: FTL capable fighters <<B5 Spoiler Alert, if you haven

From: She stands on things I can't understand <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 08:38:05 -0400
Subject: Re: Re[2]: FTL capable fighters <<B5 Spoiler Alert, if you haven

(warning: for those who haven't seen season 3 or 4 of B5, some minor
spoilers below)

>>  The Bester deal is unclear as to where his origins came in that ep.
I always
>>believed he was dropped off by a transport ship of some sort. Earth is
kinda
>>a long ways off - 2 or 3 days in hyperspace if I remember right (this
using
>>White Stars). I don't have the role-playing game with me right now,
but there
>>is a hyperspace travel map that details the distance 'tween Earth and
>>B5/Epsilon 3. I'll have to try and remember to look it up when I get
home.

>One episode showed PSICORPS Furies and a mother ship. I got the
impression that
>the "mother ship" was commercial rather than military in origin. The
point being
>that the  PSICORPS Furies were probably ferried into "range" of B5 and
then Mr.
>Bester and escorts flew on to B5. If I remember correctly the furies
were
>carried externally on the tender/mother ship. I may have this episode
taped if
>so I will try to find it this weekend and post about it Monday.

These are two different eps you're remembering here. The Bester deal I
was
referring to is from 'Ship of Tears', season 3. The 'mother ship' you
mention
is from 'Epiphanies' (season 4), and was used to transport an Omega
squadron
of 'Furies to a transfer station. They were set up as piggyback, not
long-term
shuttling back and forth like a small carrier (a one-way, disposable
carrier,
maybe?). They weren't even picked up by the sentry sensors as being on
the
side ('bottom') of the transport.

Also, Bester was not among that group, nor did he have escorts in that
episode (he came in to B5 on a commercial liner alone).

As for 'Ship of Tears', Bester's ship just 'appears' out of nowhere, far
off
from B5. A jump-capable ship came into the system, dropped him off, and
left
(since B5 would know about anyone coming through the jump gate they are
near,
and (this always seemed strange to me) the next nearest jumpgate is some
2 or
more light months away (what the *hell* is a jump gate doing out there,
anyways?!?).

>Also my B5 minis
>finally showed up!!! Going to pick 'em up tomorrow.

:-)

Enjoy 'em!

Mk
-
Only the bravest try where eagles and angels dare to fly
<*>

Prev: RE: FT Novels Next: Re: Re[2]: FTL capable fighters <<B5 Spoiler Alert, if you haven