Prev: SGII Scenarios? Next: Re: Attn JT: FT Novels (lunchboxes!)

Re[2]: FTL capable fighters <<B5 Spoiler Alert, if you haven

From: "Jon Holloway" <jholloway@m...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 07:49:25 -0400
Subject: Re[2]: FTL capable fighters <<B5 Spoiler Alert, if you haven

I agree the tender looked like it was purpose built, did not appear to
be a
"warship" but in B5 universe who knows? I like the idea of fighter
tenders
myself. May not be cost effective  for "front-line" units but for
long-range/standing patrols , raider/privateer/pirate interdiction,
ferrying
fighters to CVs or stations it seems to be just the ticket.

					     Semper Fi
					       Jon

_________________________________
Author:  FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk at MEMCPSMTP
Date:	 7/11/97 5:08 AM

Jon Holloway wrote:

> One episode showed PSICORPS Furies and a mother ship. I got the
> impression that
> the "mother ship" was commercial rather than military in origin. The
> point being
> that the  PSICORPS Furies were probably ferried into "range" of B5 and

> then Mr.
> Bester and escorts flew on to B5. If I remember correctly the furies
> were
> carried externally on the tender/mother ship. I may have this episode
> taped if
> so I will try to find it this weekend and post about it Monday. Also
> my B5 minis
> finally showed up!!! Going to pick 'em up tomorrow.
>
>							Semper Fi

IMHO the host ship was secificly designed or at least hevily modified to

allow it be act as a tender for the Omega Squadron.

The tender is a very good idea, as while a star furie can and does
travel great distances, it must use a lot of consumables (hydorgan and
oxygen for life support).

I do remember eps where power became a	serious issue in a starfurie
(episode anyone).

Darryl

Prev: SGII Scenarios? Next: Re: Attn JT: FT Novels (lunchboxes!)