Prev: Re: GZG UPDATE & NEWSLETTER Next: Netscape

Re: FTL capable fighters - Reply

From: Sutherland <charles@n...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 12:36:11 -0400
Subject: Re: FTL capable fighters - Reply

At 03:45 PM 7/10/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I have to go along with Mk here -- I _never_ use the fighter endurance
rules, for
>one very simple reason: the endurance figure is just too short! Quite
apart from
>the fact that any SF universe that I might want to simulate using FT
usually has
>fighters that roam about for hours on end, I think that the limited
endurance
>given in MT handicaps the fighters to too great an extent. I mean, IIRC
(and I
>could be wrong here, because I haven't looked at those rules for some
time), by
>the time that a CV launches all its fighters, the first groups out the
tubes have
>hit "bingo" and have to make their way back! (Forget about Alpha
strikes,
folks)
>All of which is just not on, IMO.

The endurance is just for how many combat actions(attack ship/dog fight)
that the unit may take part in.  The fighters can spend all day out,
just
take only 3 turns of combat actions.  Works pretty good for us.  It is
more
of a limitation of ordinance I think than actual fuel consumption.

							My 2 cents
							That Chuk Guy

Prev: Re: GZG UPDATE & NEWSLETTER Next: Netscape