Prev: Re: FTL capable fighters Next: Re: FT Novels

Re: FTL capable fighters

From: She stands on things I can't understand <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 08:31:26 -0400
Subject: Re: FTL capable fighters

>>> It depends on background I guess. The launch/recover facilities on
the
>>> Galactica were 10-20 times the actual size of the fighters carried.
>>> Compare that with B5 where the launch racks are not much more then
>>> required to store the fighters.
>>
>>I thought the B5 bays were just for launching and the rec facilities
were
>>somewhere else along the same area.
>
>I wondered the same thing for a while until I saw in one episode how
they
>reload the bays.  The fighters fly into the same docking area that the
other
>ships docking with B5 do and there they are docked with the launching
rails.
>These rails are then transported, fighter and all, back to the launch
bay.
>Cumbersome, but I suppose there's no other way.

Which makes for a really *long* reload time, gamewise. That, along with
the
fact that these 'short-range' fighters seem to be able to traverse most
of
known space, and fight for extended periods of time makes me want to
just
not use the endurance rules any.

(now that I've opened *that* can of worms...  ;-)

Mk
-
Only the bravest try where eagles and angels dare to fly
<*>

Prev: Re: FTL capable fighters Next: Re: FT Novels