Prev: Re: AI's in full thrust Next: Re: Attn JT: FT Novels

Re: FTL capable fighters

From: kx.henderson@q... (Kelvin)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 03:10:54 -0400
Subject: Re: FTL capable fighters

>On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Tracy Hale wrote:
>
>> It depends on background I guess. The launch/recover facilities on
the
>> Galactica were 10-20 times the actual size of the fighters carried.
>> Compare that with B5 where the launch racks are not much more then
>> required to store the fighters.
>
>I thought the B5 bays were just for launching and the rec facilities
were
>somewhere else along the same area.

I wondered the same thing for a while until I saw in one episode how
they
reload the bays.  The fighters fly into the same docking area that the
other
ships docking with B5 do and there they are docked with the launching
rails.
These rails are then transported, fighter and all, back to the launch
bay.
Cumbersome, but I suppose there's no other way.

-Kelvin.....

      "Anything that, in happening, causes
     itself to happen again, happens again."
	 email:  kx.henderson@qut.edu.au

Prev: Re: AI's in full thrust Next: Re: Attn JT: FT Novels