Prev: Re: Attn JT: FT Novels Next: Re: Attn JT: FT Novels

Re: Attn JT: FT Novels

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 17:08:31 -0400
Subject: Re: Attn JT: FT Novels

At 10:12 PM 7/8/97 +0100, you wrote:

>Yes, Mark, it is something we have often considered and would dearly
love
>to do - I certainly know enough professional SF writers over here that
like
>and play FT and would love to do something. As always, the problem is
money
>- it is not viable in "mainstream book" publishing terms unless we can
>interest an established publisher. Of course, printing small-press
fiction
>for the games market IS possible if I get some good stuff!

I'd just like to point out that game fiction is currently in a decline.
The
returns from Random House are what almost did in TSR. Their once
lucrative
novel line is in decline, a trend seen in other game related fiction. On
the
other hand, I had considered writing some FT fiction myself. Instead,
I've
been concentrating on my own stuff (including an alternate WWII history
novel which I've put on hiatus to finish a technical writing contract).

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Attn JT: FT Novels Next: Re: Attn JT: FT Novels