Prev: Re: Superships and Fighter capacity. Next: Re: Just wondering.....

Re: Just wondering.....

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 01:48:44 -0400
Subject: Re: Just wondering.....

On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Sprayform wrote:

> Ah, but its not the KV that are so powerful its the low cost in
points!

...which is exactly my point. "Powerful" == "Worth more than the cost",
"inferior" == "worth less than the cost". I don't care how powerful
something is in a man-for-man, ship-for-ship or pound-for-pound
comparison. It's point-for-point that counts. Your Death Star isn't
"poweful", gameswise, even if it can destroy a solar system if it costs
so much I can field two solar systems against it.

> The SV are different, not better, not worse but probably longer
lasting and
> this is to Jons credit, (until points are out!!)

As they don't have a points value, any comparison is pretty moot (unless

it aims at determining a point value), IMHO.

> As gamers we will always try to play with the best;

Do we really? Anyone else? Opinions?

Is GW really right assuming everyone deep down just wants a bigger gun?

Given a choice of playing either of two technically equally powerful
groups, one a vanilla rifle platoon and one a power armor squad decked
out with the latest neato gadgets and ultra-cool widgets, led by the
hot-off-the-press MegaCharacter Of The Month, which would you play?

Personally, I'd take the rifle platoon most of the time.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Superships and Fighter capacity. Next: Re: Just wondering.....