Prev: Re: Just wondering..... Next: Re: GC meets SG/DF

Re: A Full thrust ?

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 13:22:03 -0400
Subject: Re: A Full thrust ?

>On Fri, 4 Jul 1997, Ground Zero Games wrote:
>
>> by others, however, this can give rise to some oddities due to the
model
>> sizes, so feel free to fiddle about with it if you prefer.
>
>I always thought the model and ground scale were obviously mismatched
>anyway (as it is with practically every miniatures game), so we
>use the position of the stand pole as the "real" position of the ship.

Yes, that is the usual way whatever measurement units you use; what I
was
referring to is that if you use cm you may find that you simply can't
get
the models close enough together because of their physical size, as you
mentioned in  your next sentence. Of course, there is nothing to stop
you
using smaller models to represent bigger ships - when using cm you could
treat an FT model corvette as a destroyer, a destroyer mini as a cruiser
and a cruiser as a capital ship!

>In this case, it doesn't really matter what size your figures are.
>Except that most people are reluctant to place their figures
touching...

>--
>maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio)	   | A pig who doesn't
fly

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Just wondering..... Next: Re: GC meets SG/DF