Prev: Cheap Figs.... Next: RE: Further re Oceanic Grav-bikes

Optimization ( was Re: Further re Oceanic Grav-bikes )

From: "johnjmedway" <jjm@z...>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 18:03:18 -0400
Subject: Optimization ( was Re: Further re Oceanic Grav-bikes )

On Jul 2, 19:35, Bruce S. R. Lee wrote:
> Subject: Further re Oceanic Grav-bikes
> Well a size 1 vehicle has 5 spaces for weapons beyond its free SAW, so
> If you were really sick you could fit 4 infantry sized launchers ( at
1

A quick survey: How many folks routinely, deliberately leave wasted
space in
commonly used vehicles/ships in DS/FT, other than in obvious
cargo-hauling
crap?

Usually the debate centers around how much junk you can cram into hull
size of
X, or vehicle size of Y, without a shred of extra space, but oftentimes,
the
vehicles/ships used in the past have been seriously non-optimal. I'm
just
wondering if folks tend to model certain cultures/nations (whether
official or
not) as being more or less sloppy, or do most people play/design to
reflect
that every ship/vehicle engineer _inside_ the game get the _game_
optimization
right when they build 'em?

---
| john_medway@zycor dot lgc dot com  |	Landmark Graphics |
512.292.2325 |
---

Prev: Cheap Figs.... Next: RE: Further re Oceanic Grav-bikes