Prev: Re: figure sizes Next: Re: Those Spiky Things

Re: Grav Bikes

From: Darryl Adams <dadams@t...>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 06:59:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Grav Bikes

Glover, Owen wrote:

> Gdaymates (sorry couldn't resist using Strine),

Well bonza mate, I'm flat out like a lizard drinking thinking of strine
cleches!

> well with the advent of Eureka Min's OU Grav bikeI am trying to expand
>
> the OU orbat to include a
> Light Horse Regiment squad/troop/squadron. The question is how to deal
>
> with the Grav bike?

I would use them as traditional Light horse (I ordered 6 ot them, so i
have been thinking about it a lot).

I would use the bikes as a mechanism to get the troops up to the
firezone fast, dismount , then enguage on foot.

Besheeba is not going to happen in SGII with IAVR and plasma weapons.

> This is my proposal so please give some constructive criticism.
>
> The Grav bike is a Size Class 1,
> Armour Class 1,
> Crew of 1,
> Armanent 1 x DFFG/1 or HEL/1 and Basic FC (I think any other weapon
> system would require heavy loads of ammunition out of line with the
> physical size of the vehicle) of course you could argue no weapon.

Sounds good. Depending on the model, you could push up to RFAC/2
(forward mount) and still have space for a SAW or something.

> I would limit the Grav Bike to Ground Level mode only (limited power
> supply etc)

Nah, let them come in in High mode.... lets face it, the beuty of a
light horse is speed, so let them come in high, drop in to low , then
dismount.

> Next question is to run the Grav Bike as an individual vehicle or as
> units ie Sections.
> Personally I intend to run them as Sections so the infantry can
> dismount
> and fight as a Section/Squad (Light Horse are Mounted Infantry after
> all
> ) but I was thinking of expanding the unit integrity to 12 inches just
>
> so you can fit 8 or so of them together!! Running each Grav Bike as an
>
> individual unit means LOTS of chits for leadership/quality!!!!!

By the unit. Treat the squads Grav bike as one big IFV, as the crew
dismounts to fight.

> Anyway that should give you guys something to chew on.
>
> Remember Beersheba!!
>
> Owen Glover

 Contact!!!!!!

Darryl

Prev: Re: figure sizes Next: Re: Those Spiky Things