Prev: Re: figure sizes Next: Re: [FT]Fighter variation

Re: figure sizes

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 00:28:15 -0400
Subject: Re: figure sizes

>>They are actually about 17-18mm.  Too small for 20s, too big for
>>15s.	I think, although I would not want to put any money on this,
>>that they are HO scale, which would be about 1/87th.
>
>The Heavy Gear rulebook states that the minis are 1/87th scale. p.113

	Wow....  I got something correct last night.  Dress warmly,
people--hell's about to freeze over.

>>One thing worth noting, though: I saw a Heavy Gear "Strider" that
>>will be released this summer, and was VERY impressed by it.  It's
>>bipedal,about twice the size of the typical Gear model, well
>>detailed, lots of guns....
>
>Do you think they have plans to produce tanks and other non-gear armor?

>I think I've seen howitzers already.
>
>Gordon

	Actually, I've seen one of the tank models, and it was quite
nice.
It was wheeled, if I recall correctly.	We do some 20mm post-holocaust
roleplaying on occasion, and it seemed perfect for that.  However,
thinking
about it now, that was almost a year ago, at an open house that one of
our
distributors held, and I have yet to see the model appear, or even be
solicited.  There may have been a problem of some sort--you might want
check with Rafm.  The howitzers are out, and worth a look.  They seem a
bit
big to me, but since I'm going to use them with my NSL figures, I don't
mind
that a bit.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: figure sizes Next: Re: [FT]Fighter variation