Prev: Re: (Fwd) Minis and manufacturers Next: Empress Arianna's Tournament - Completion and Awards

RE: Re : Chits

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 08:32:46 -0400
Subject: RE: Re : Chits

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Glover, Owen wrote:

> How much iinitiative an individual soldier may display/lack is not
> addressed in SGII; the lowest level manouvre unit is the squad (Okay
> exceptions for snipers, etc). Writing in rules to reflect personal
> initiative is more in the realm of the Skirmish game, Quineg?

I don't think anyone suggested actual rules. I think the original
question was along these lines:

Is it realistic/believable to assume that a player forgetting to move
some of his troops "simulates" loss of communication, uncertainty about
the situation and general "fog of war"?

IMO, yes. SGII and DSII are rather small scale actions. A squad securely

in position and without orders to the contrary will most likely assume
they were supposed to stay put and watch for enemy activity.

Yes, the squad may have more long-term goals, but do you really want to
record those?

As for forgetting to fire... Here I think the player should be reminded
as troops are most likely to engage enemy in sight if not specifically
told not to. Or they should be given a chance to at least return fire if

later fired upon during the enemy turn.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: (Fwd) Minis and manufacturers Next: Empress Arianna's Tournament - Completion and Awards