Prev: Re: DS II Personal Walkers Next: Re: (Fwd) Minis and manufacturers

Re: Detailed B5wars report (long)

From: "Christopher Weuve" <caw@i...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 15:01:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Detailed B5wars report (long)

Sorry for rekindling a dead thread, but this is what happens when you
on't
reads your list mail all week. <grin>

On Tue, Jun 17, 1997 at 4:23:02 AM, "Mike Wikan" <mww@n-space.com>
wrote:
> For those of you who played the playtest version, they got rid of the
two
> pseudo turn concept (I never understood it anyway). They changed the
> to-hit system to a d20 based system to speed things up (hooray!)
[snip]
> They made maneuvering a bit easier with a base thrust point pool to
maneuver
> with. You can still overthrust and roll and pivot.

These all sound like steps in the right direction (meaning that all or
most of
them were suggested by my playtest group <grin>).  The main area for
improvement my group identified, though, was the movement system, which
we
found to be very cumbersome.  Does it still have the different rotation
procedures for stationary pivots vs pivots while coasting?  Did they fix
the
problems with sliding (i.e., spontaneous course changes caused by
running out
of thrust points while sliding)?  Did they make any effort to at least
fake a
vector movement system?

I'm looking forward to getting the game as soon as possible.  At that
point,
my group will update our B5W vector movement rules.

Any info appreciated!

-- Chris Weuve	 [My opinions, not my employer's.]
------
mailto:caw@wizard.net (h)		World Wide Weuvesite --
mailto:caw@intercon.com (w)		http://www.wizard.net/~caw
mailto:chrisweuve@usa.net (perm)

Prev: Re: DS II Personal Walkers Next: Re: (Fwd) Minis and manufacturers