Prev: Re: (Fwd) Minis and manufacturers Next: Re: (Fwd) Minis and manufacturers

Re: (Fwd) Minis and manufacturers

From: Ryan Montieth Gill <labrg@e...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 13:07:29 -0400
Subject: Re: (Fwd) Minis and manufacturers

On Fri, 20 Jun 1997, Alfredo Lorente wrote:

> Ral Partha's Battletech figures (tho' I guess it is mostly mech's,
> since the vehicles seem to me to big for the DS II scale...

I use the Ralpartha figs, Mostly Von Luckners, PAtton Rommels and
Schreck
PPC Carriers. I also have three Long Toms.

The VLs and PRs make great size 5 super heavy tanks. The Schrecks make
excellent Medium SP Guns (size 4). And well the Long Tom, is probably
about the heaviest looking Heavy Gun I've been able to find. The
attached
tender section makes it an excellent modular vehicle. Tractor section
has
the size 6 heavy artillery piece and the trailer section has the
ammunition reloads. It comes out as a little expensive, 938 points.
Though
that varies according to the ammunition load.

I also use an Ontos modified with lots of antenna and a small radar dish
looking object as a super heavy C4I center.

Steve Jackson Games made some really good fixed place howiters. They are
sadly out of print now. The smaller scale models also make good light
artillery.

- Ryan Montieth Gill  /|\   Scotland Forever  DoD# 0780/AMA/SOHC -
- _ryan.gill@turner.com or labrg@emory.edu_   '85 CB700S 'Mehev' -
- I speak not for CNN, nor they for me.   '72 CB750K 'The Barge' -
- www.mojoski.com/~rgill	     '76 MonteCarlo 'Bumblecrow' -
---		Senator Koella Should go to JAIL !!	       ---
--- Kill someone and leave the accident you should go to jail! ---

Prev: Re: (Fwd) Minis and manufacturers Next: Re: (Fwd) Minis and manufacturers