Prev: Re: FT & DSII - Tournament ideas Next: Re: Conversions (Stargrunt)

Re: DSII/Scout Walkers

From: Andy Cowell <cowell@i...>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 08:58:55 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII/Scout Walkers

In message <3.0.32.19970618113607.006bf014@tig.com.au>, Darryl Adams
writes:

> Since most of us would use BattleMechDroids (tm) figures, they seem to
> allow only size 4-5 (while the elemental armour could be use as size
> 2, but yet to see them.

I cut them into individuals and mount them on pennies for class 1
infantry
walkers.  I usually use some variation of the following:

Vehicle, class 1			     5 :  0	      5      5
Armor class 1				     5 :  6	      5      6
Fusion Generation Plant 		     5 :  6	      5     10
Infantry Walker 			     5 :  6	      5     16
1 APSW					     5 :  6	      5     16
1 GMS/L with Basic guidance		     5 :  6	      3     36
(alternatively, with RFAC/1 and IAVR)

In fact, they will be used a lot in a new scenario I'm working on:
"Bugs Don't Surf (A six foot peak?  I thought this whole shitty planet
was nothing but beach break!)"	The Kra'Vak Colonel Ka'Urtz has taken
the best surf beach on Beta Prime, and the humans lead a beach assault
(with lots of helos) to take it back.  :) In fact, I'm thinking about
awarding VP's to the humans for each unit that leaves combat to surf.
Does GZG make 1/300 surfers?

Or, I'm thinking about using an event card draw, things like "Fear of
the Valkyries: All human players must hum 'The Flight of the
Valkyries' while any Kra'Vak units within 6" of any helos take
Confidence Tests."  Maybe, "They're in the Woods: the Kra'Vak may
bring one unit on the board out of the treeline to the rear of the
table at the point nearest the closest human helo."

Apologies to Jon for nicking his title, but it was too good to pass
up!  Anyway, back to our topic...

> In SGII I use walkers extensively (a size 3 Patlabor Garage kit of a
> Helldiver as an orbitally inserted mech, and an old dreadnought from
> 40k as a size 2).

I've used some BattleMechDroid (tm) figs as power armor infantry in
SGII.  They're not really my style, though, but they are easy to find.

--
Andrew E. B. Cowell <cowell@icx.net>
Systems Administrator, Internet Design Group, Inc.

Prev: Re: FT & DSII - Tournament ideas Next: Re: Conversions (Stargrunt)