Prev: Re: B5Wars review.. Next: Re: Conversions (Stargrunt)

Re: B5Wars review..

From: "Do. Or do not. There is no try." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 14:58:35 -0400
Subject: Re: B5Wars review..

>>I saw the minis out last week at the main local gameshop here in town.
>>They looked okay; not bad. But still having a hard time with the price
>>($11.95 for the Sharlin cruiser *hurts*  :(  My Minbari fleet will be
>>rather small...).
>>

>Any chance of a more detailed outline of the figures ?   The local
games
>stores here have the attitude that if the game's not out noone wants to
buy
>the figs so they won't stock them until after game release (AAAAARGH !
>general tearing of hair !)

The figure (if I understand you correctly) is fairly detailed, though
requires some assembly.  :-/  AOG has a webpage with a 'hints on how
to assemble the Minbari warcruiser' diagram.  ;-)  The figure looks
good, and is 2-3 times larger than the MicroMachine version.

Please note: I have not yet assembled mine; I only picked it up last
thursday and have been out of town all weekend...

Also, I only looked at the fighters, did no purchase any (I figure the
boxed edition is coming with them already so why pick up more? I need
my spare $$ for GZG minis...  :-)  The detailing is pretty reasonable
from what I could see. The 'Furies need assembling, too, as do the
Minbari fighters. The Starfuries and Narn fighters are about half the
size of their MicroMachine counterparts.

The fighters are the only other figures I've seen out so far:
Starfuries,
Narn heavy fighters, Centauri fighters, and Minbari fighters. Oh! And
the
Minbari flyers.

They (AOG) have a slightly out-of-date (well..as of a week or so
ago) webpage detailing the minis they are releasing (and the release
dates...which is slightly behind).

You could prolly ask your local shop about ordering them from The Armory
in Baltimore, Maryland. Or order from them directly: 1-800-NOW-GAME (the
number translation is left as an exercise to the student).

Mk
-
Only the bravest try where eagles and angels dare to fly
<*>

Prev: Re: B5Wars review.. Next: Re: Conversions (Stargrunt)