Prev: B5Wars review.. Next: Re: B5Wars review..

Re: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

From: Brendan Pratt <pratt@m...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 04:30:33 -0400
Subject: Re: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

Glover, Owen wrote:

> I agree with the thinking. In modern day armies there are enough
> anti-armour weapons about without having to improvise. And lets face
it
> I would rather hit the tank/APC from a safish distance than run out
into
> the open and dodge around those moving tracks or blowing fans!
>
> But it is still an option. And what about those who like to add in
> Battletech/Walkers? The Grey Death Legion led the way in developing
anti
> mech tactics and satchel type charges played a big part in it.

Remember that these troops generally only acted within built up areas
where anti-personnel work was extremely difficult - also anti tank
weapons were only minimally effective against Mechs due to the ablative
nature of the armour used - SGII armour is all or nothing (and I usually
get nothing :-}) and your basic missile or rocket launcher does a pretty
damn good job on just about any vehicle - walker, crawler or floater.

Just my 2c.

Brendan
--
Brendan Pratt - pratt@macquarie.matra.com.au - Complete Bastard.
"I always said you could get more with a kind word - and a two by four

Prev: B5Wars review.. Next: Re: B5Wars review..