Prev: List of Spaceship Miniatures and Games Next: Re: List of Spaceship Miniatures and Games

Re: Conversions (Stargrunt)

From: Alexander Williams <thantos@d...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 22:13:03 -0400
Subject: Re: Conversions (Stargrunt)

Alfredo Lorente wrote:
> Errr, pardon my ignorance, but what would your "Python constructor"
> be?  I have this horrible fear of seeing some infantry chucking holy
> hand grenades at the rushing armored columns...

It would be a DirtSide II vehicle constructor written in Python (which
was, in fact, named after the comedy troupe).

> The Spartan has some 20 or so missiles on two pods (no arms, just the
> two pods).  Other than that, there is a reference to a mini missile
> cluster, but I usually just ignore that.

Ah, I remember that ...  One sec.

Spartan:

Equipment Item				   VSP : BVP	 Spaces   Cost
Vehicle, class 5			    25 :  0	     25     25
Armor class 3, Reactive 		    25 : 43	     25     43
Fusion Generation Plant 		    25 : 43	     25     69
Combat Walker				    25 : 43	     25    112
4 GMS/H's with Superior guidance	    25 : 43	      9    352
1 APSW					    25 : 43	      9    352
Enhanced ECM				    25 : 43	      9    382
Local air defence			    25 : 43	      7    457

I gave it extremely heavy hitting missile power; you hit a target with
those bad boys and its hosed.  Dropped it an APSW to represent an
anti-personel short-range system of missiles and LAD, as in the
Raidar-X, to represent the anti-aircraft role.	If you wanted to focus
on the arty-nature of the design, it could be re-designed that way, too.

> You might think I'm taking advantage of you now, but since I don't
> have DS, I'm going to ask you if you have or could develop the Aliens
> Drop Ship.  It has two sets of twelve rockets each on the unfolding
> wings, plus two pods of missiles on its body, and a pulse cannon on
> its nose.  All are fixed forward mounts.  If I remember correctly, it
> can plop the APC, so that would probably be a/the wrench for this
> model...  Aren't most aircraft size 3.  That's according to SG...

Let me see ...

Alien's Dropship

Equipment Item				   VSP : BVP	 Spaces   Cost
Vehicle, class 4			    20 :  0	     20     20
Armor class 2, Reactive 		    20 : 30	     20     30
Fusion Generation Plant 		    20 : 30	     20     48
Aerospace vehicle			    20 : 30	     20    348
2 class 2 SLAM's in Fixed mount 	    20 : 30	     12    396
   with Enhanced fire control		    20 : 30	     12    404
1 GMS/L with Basic guidance		    20 : 30	     10    424
1 class 1 RFAC in Fixed mount		    20 : 30	      8    429
Superior ECM				    20 : 30	      8    474
Level 1 stealth 			    20 : 30	      8    554

The big things to note are the Superior ECM and Reactive armour, making
it great at avoiding missile damage, and the 1 Stealth, because it looks
nicely sloped.	Depending on how you decide if something's large enough
to carry another vehicle, the 8 space might be enough left.

--
[  Alexander Williams {thantos@alf.dec.com/zander@photobooks.com}  ]
[ Alexandrvs Vrai,  Prefect 8,000,000th Experimental Strike Legion ]

Prev: List of Spaceship Miniatures and Games Next: Re: List of Spaceship Miniatures and Games