Prev: Re: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt) Next: Re: FMA-40K

Re: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

From: "Chris McCurry" <CMCCURR@v...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 15:43:41 -0400
Subject: Re: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

Now that i can write to the group again.

>Alfredo wrote:
>   I'm not sure how balanced that is.	I was thinking of giving the
>company two Aliens Dropships (front cannon, eight guided missiles and
>18 rockets) and adding a pair of Raidars X for Air Defense.  I also
>thought about mines for the defenders, or a single sniper (or both).
>The company would have mortars attached, perhaps a Powered Armored
>Infantry squad too, but I kinda thought the defenders could do without
>any art (unless it's orbital, which makes up for its power by its
delay...).

Well, what do you guys think?

A good way to build scenarios is to have a story behind it.

Make a story and then add in the player element.

Don't worry about the sides being equal:  rarly in war are the sides
equal.
  as long as the
fighting is believable.  (i.e. a commander wouldn;t go against un win
able
odds unless the prize
was ultra great, he had no choice or the mission was to delay for other
parts of the army).
Somthing like that.

if the story behind the game is good and will be fun for all players
then
go for it.

Some times we play where we auction out who can use the least amount of
troops to acomplish an
objective.  Who ever bids the lowest playes with those troops and we
keep
score.... ect..
it's fun..

CMC

Prev: Re: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt) Next: Re: FMA-40K