Prev: Re: Let me know if there is still an attachment? Next: Re: Let me know if there is still an attachment?

Re: FMA-40K

From: "Bobby Mock" <ninjacowboy@w...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 14:41:45 -0400
Subject: Re: FMA-40K

----------
> From: Win Baker <WinB@dqc.com>
> To: 'FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk'
> Subject: RE: FMA-40K
> Date: Wednesday, June 11, 1997 4:30 PM
>
> Any thoughts on converting Tyranids and Orks to FMA? I'm desperately
> trying to get the players around here to convert, but some will
> definately not give up their Bugs and Greenies.
>
> Win Barker
> Imagineer
> Solutions onQue

I use the Codex Army Lists to build armies. I use this for the Warhammer
Universe flavor.  Although you could trash the whole thing and just use
the
figures with your own background.

I added BS+WS+Ld to give me a fiqure which I think represents the
quality
of the troops in question.  I then compared same to the following scale:

0-5		Untrained
6-10		Green
11-15		Regular
16-20		Veteran
21 and up	Elite

To make a command squad, I would take an average of all figures to
determine squad quality. For example:

A Space Marine Command Squad:

Space Marine Commander		7+7+10=24
2 Captains				7+7+10=24
					7+7+10=24
Apothecary				5+5+9  =19
Techmarine				5+5+9  =19
					-----------------
					average = 22  (An elite squad)

A Space Marine Tactical Squad would be Veteran (4+4+8=16).
An Imperial Guard Tactical Squad would be Regular (3+3+7=13).

A Blood Axe Mob  would be Regular (3+3+7=13).
An Ogryn Mob would be Regular (4+3+8=15).

I have been using orks and eldar as I use humans, with no differences in
game play. I have not used any Tyranids, since no one in my playing
group
owns any.

Prev: Re: Let me know if there is still an attachment? Next: Re: Let me know if there is still an attachment?