Prev: RE: encap2.ond Next: Re: Chris McCurry and the Attachment from Hell

Superior Starfleet Wars Miniatures

From: Thomas.Granvold@E... (Tom Granvold)
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 20:34:36 -0400
Subject: Superior Starfleet Wars Miniatures

    I received my order of Starfleet Wars ship miniatures today.
For those who don't know, these are the same ships that were first
sold along with a set of rules about fifteen years ago.  Until
recently they have been long unavailable.  I ordered my through
Game Masters.  For information and pictures check out their web page
at http://shell6.ba.best.com/~bill3/.  I have no relation to Games
Masters other than as a happy customer.

    This line of miniatures includes ships that are larger that
those normally used with Full Thrust, hence a larger playing area
would be a good idea.  All the ships I ordered are from the Terrian
Federation, where the largest is a full 6 inches long!	The fighters
are also larger at about 1/2 inch.  I'll be using them as scouts
and the smaller escorts.  Does anyone know of fighters that are
triangular in shape?  I'd like to get some that have the same general
look as the rest of the ships.	It is apparent that the Terrian fleet
was inspired by the Imperial spaceships on Star Wars.

    I am satisfied with the quality of the ship, though it could be
better.  One ship, out of 13, has an small hole in it.	I can either
fill it with putty or leave it as battle damage.  I will need to do
some filing on them especially in the rear.  My biggest complaint is
that some of the features on the biggest ship looks like they have
melted a bit.

    On the other hand there is lots of detail on the ships, guns,
towers,
pipes, ...  Also the ships have a lot of detail on the bottom including
even more guns.  If you want to build an impressive looking fleet and
don't mind burning a big hole in your pocket, these are good miniatures
to do it with.	I have almost everything I want, just a couple of
carriers, and some Samurai class ships :-)  If I'm lucky I have them
painted in time for Pacificon on labor day weekend, a local game
convention.  Now I wonder if anyone in my area, Silicon Valley,
has a bug fleet, or one of the other Starfleet Wars fleets.

Enjoy,
Tom Granvold				<thomas.granvold@eng.sun.com>

Prev: RE: encap2.ond Next: Re: Chris McCurry and the Attachment from Hell