Prev: RE: PBEM Game - Galaxy G Next: RE: Dirtside questions/ideas...

Re: Dirtside questions/ideas...

From: Ryan Montieth Gill <labrg@e...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 00:41:27 -0400
Subject: Re: Dirtside questions/ideas...

On Wed, 11 Jun 1997 DirtSider@aol.com wrote:

> This is the only suggestion that I have problems with.  Flamethrowers
> typically have a range of only about 65 meters, or one inch in game
scale.
>  There was a similar thread with respect to Star Grunt, so I don't
want to
> get into the discussion about modern chemical again.	But I just don't
> believe that you can force a gel stream much further than 50-75 meters
with
> the kind of compression equipment available on combat vehicles, much
less
> man-packed equipment.

So would 1" for man packed units and 2" for vehicle sound pretty good?
They've got some pretty heavyduty pumps nowadays for firefighting.
Presumeably similar pumps could be developed for flamable liquids...

I guess they would really only help in urban fighting and such. Still
they
could be nasty and requre the unit shot at take a threatlevel 0
confidence
test.

- Ryan Montieth Gill  /|\   Scotland Forever  DoD# 0780/AMA/SOHC -
- _ryan.gill@turner.com or labrg@emory.edu_   '85 CB700S 'Mehev' -
- I speak not for CNN, nor they for me.   '72 CB750K 'The Barge' -
- www.mojoski.com/~rgill	     '76 MonteCarlo 'Bumblecrow' -
---		Senator Koella Should go to JAIL !!	       ---
--- Kill someone and leave the accident you should go to jail! ---

Prev: RE: PBEM Game - Galaxy G Next: RE: Dirtside questions/ideas...