Prev: Re: Web Page update Next: Re: Chits in FT/DS/SG

Re: Gaming Advice Wanted, Visiting London and Cambridge

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 17:21:41 -0400
Subject: Re: Gaming Advice Wanted, Visiting London and Cambridge

>Hi,
>	 I'll be in England next week on business from 17th to 22nd.
I'll have
>Sat 21st completely free, and I'll have a car (frightening thought,
driving on
>the correct side of the road instead of the right side.) Can anyone
recommend a
>good shop or con to attend?
>
>(Yes, I do make for an extremely poor tourist :)
>
>=================
>Miguel Echavarria
>mech@arm.com

One con in Leeds (Fiasco) on the 21st, but that is quite a drive from
London (a good 4 hours plus); unfortunately we (GZG) won't be there
anyway
:(, but it might be worth a look if you don't mind the trip.
Shops-wise, the only decent independant left in Central London is Orc's
Nest, in Earlham Street (just off Charing Cross Road) - give them a look
if
you can. There are a few more around the suburbs, and I think a small
shop
still left in Cambridge (Games & Puzzles?), but other than that it's
just
the usual plague of Games Wombleshops everywhere......
Would invite you over to our workshop, but sadly we're not going to be
around on the 21st. We are, however, only about an hour from Cambridge
(and
just over that from London), so if you're free any other time during the
week (maybe an evening) then let me know.

Anyhow, hope you have a good time over here!

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Web Page update Next: Re: Chits in FT/DS/SG