Prev: Re: Chits in FT/DS/SG Next: Re: Web Page update

Re: FT Armor

From: "The difference between sensual and kinky? A feather is sensual. Using the whole chicken is kinky." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 16:26:45 -0400
Subject: Re: FT Armor

>The problem is the d6 versus max of 4 possible armour levels (0-3),
>which gives a rather coarse system which makes giving small bonuses
>to certain weapon types rather difficult.

I found that, too, in some things I had been playing with, and then
I noticed a couple of options people posted a while back for various
modifications to weapons effectiveness being applied to the effective
range of the weapon itself. So instead of a -1 modifier to a beam
weapon for some reason, apply a penalty of +6" or even +12" to the
range from the firing ship to target. I kinda like this a bit better.
This would be then the 'effective range' as opposed to the 'true range'.

Mk
-
"Yyyes ! Haha!! Tremble before the twin-headed, four-legged eleven foot
tall Engine of Justice that *is* Manuever 14B!"

Prev: Re: Chits in FT/DS/SG Next: Re: Web Page update